Freedom Plus: Freeform Polishing Heads
On Freedom Plus, the polishing pad is simply peeled off and replaced as necessary.
Benefits of Freedom tools over standard tooling
- Unique design of the foam base allows for a larger polishing pad to increase the total polishing area.
- New style thicker and more flexible polishing pad increases durability, removing tearing and extending life of the tool.
- New foam base gives greater level of flexibility and provides full contact with lens surface with less pressure, creating the best possible true to curve high quality freeform finish.
- One step polishing cycle for all current organic lenses CR39, Hi-Index, Trivex or Polycarbonate – without the need for a second stage flock polishing pad.
- New tapered base edge helps to prevent robot arm sticking during transfer from tool post to polishing post.
- Top surface holes help increase polish flow for a higher quality of lens finish.
- Increased productivity and cost saving due to the longer life of the Freedom tool and its
- Easily replaceable long life polishing pads, enabling the base of the tool to be used a number of times.
- Removable top surface allows pads to be easily replaced.
- Cost savings on shipping and storage space over all other freeform polishing heads.
- More environmentally friendly due to less tool waste.
- Available in 3 colour coded bases of 075, 150 and 600.